We are Lift Material Australia
Independent Supplier of Quality Components
Established in 1991, Lift Material provides quality products, service and advice to the lift industry throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region.
We were acquired in July 2005 by Dewhurst plc. The acquisition has enabled Lift Material to enter new markets and increase the range of products while at the same time improving service.
The commitment by the staff at Lift Material and management of Dewhurst plc to drive quality products and service is paramount.
The lift industry is large and ever increasing with new products introduced on an almost daily basis. Lift Material is continually sourcing and analyzing new products to add to their current range, should they be of benefit to our clients.
Service is a key aspect of Lift Material’s philosophy and are constantly seeking ways to improve the many benefits enjoyed by their clients in such areas as product knowledge, product value and prompt attention to enquiries.
Ideally located only 8 minutes from both the domestic and international airports, centrally located within major freight forwarding companies offices and all the major lift companies within Sydney, Lift Material is there for you.
Over A Century of History
The company was founded in November 1919 by Melbourne Dewhurst and Howard Marryat known then as Dewhurst & Partner.
Starting off in a small repair shop in Hatton Garden and later moving to a new premises in Inverness Road. It was from here, single-handed, Melbourne Dewhurst developed a wide range of designs based on his technical knowledge and practical experience which based the future manufacturing development of the company.
After the war considerable expansion took place for a 10 year period – a seller’s market gave a wonderful opportunity to enlarge and extend the manufacture of control equipment for cranes and machine tools.
Significant expansion took place at the Inverness Road site and the total number of employees towards the end of 1950’s was approximately 800 people.
1960’s to 1990
In 1962 Alan Dewhurst took over as Chairman and in the late 1960’s and 70’s was the start of the new period of process innovation with the introduction of moulding and stainless steel colouring, as well investment in NC sheet metal equipment.
In 1976 we won a Design Council Award for the vandal resistant lift pushbutton and this signalled a major advance in this range of products, which proved to have a wide market both at home and overseas. This vandal resistant development extended into the rail and ATM market for London Underground and NCR for ATM keypads.
The Recent Years
In our 75th year, we bought Thames Valley Lift Company. Richard Dewhurst took over as Chairman and the company entered into a new period of expansion. It could be said that it has been reborn again in the last 15 years. The biggest change during this period has been to extend the geographical and product spread of the business.
In the last 15 years the Group has gone from a business at Hounslow with one Canadian subsidiary to a global business with over a dozen operating subsidiaries over 4 continents.
- Our aim is support our customers with accuracy, urgency and responsiveness.
- We are honest and use our integrity in everything we do with customers and staff alike.
- We consider ‘LEAN’ in everyday operations and strive to eliminate waste wherever we can and are careful with our resources.