Atwell Rope Brake
The VG rope brake is a versatile unit that can be used as either a single or bi directional brake and is CE certified by BSI.
The brake operates on the lift ropes and is designated as a “movement prevention” or “speed reducing” means in compliance with EN81-1 1998 clause 9.10. The VG rope brake combines the proven technology of “drop-jaw” type governors with the patented VG linkage mechanism. The brake operates in a similar manner to a VG safety gear except that it has one fixed jaw and one moveable jaw or “drop-jaw”.
- Provides over-speed protection in both directions
- Prevents uncontrolled movement of the lift with doors open when used with a UMD-SRB01 controller
- Can be mounted either side of the traction sheave in any position – horizontally, vertically, at any angle and even inverted
- Its electromechanical design means it is fail-safe
Visit Website: Atwell International
As a primary component in the safety of the lift, the existing over speed governor should comply with the current standards in operation and accuracy and if there is any doubt then they should be replaced. The new VG OSG is designed to meet the requirements of: BS EN81-1:1998+A3:2009 – safety Rules for the construction and installation of lifts: Section: 9.9 – Overspeed governor BS EN81-80:2003 – Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts – Existing Lifts – Part 80: Rules for improvement of safety of existing passenger and goods passenger lifts. Significant Hazard number 50 – No, or inadequate safety gear and/or overspeed governor of electric lifts. Clause No. 5.9.2, priority level “High”. This VG OSG governor can be used to full fill the following requirements of EN81-1:1998+A3:2009: Section 9.8 – Safety Gear Section 9.9 – Overspeed Governor It will also provide the means to comply with sections Section 9.10 – Ascending car overspeed protection means Section 9.11 Protection against unintended car movement When used with other VG safety products it will provide full compliance with all the latest regulations of EN81-1:1998+A3:2009 Visit Website: Atwell International
VG Safety Gears consist of a pair of end assemblies, which can bolt directly to the buffer channels or car frame. Each end assembly has two spring loaded linkage mechanisms, which carry and engage the friction gibs. The linkage mechanisms are designed to centralise the safety gear when it is engaged. This feature, in conjunction with large running clearances, means that VG Safety Gears can be used with spring loaded roller guide shoes, sliding shoes or solid rollers.
- 6 mm running clearance both sides – suitable for roller guide shoes or sliding shoes
- Certified for both lubricated and dry rails on class one guide rails
- All single models can be duplexed to double their braking capacity
- VG safety gears can be inverted to prevent “upward falling”. Either tandem mounted or separately mounted